Well I sure do like this place New Jersey! My foster mom took really good care of me and I met some great friends; some looked like me, but two of them were short and much furrier than I am – we love to wrestle! Since my foster mommy Eleanor is going on vacation, I got to go to another house with more people and even more doggie friends! Otis looks like me but Thelma is all brown. She scared me at first because she has this weird plastic thing on her head. My foster-step mommy Sandy told me that Thelma had an operation and the cone stops her from scratching her wound.
I also have a foster dad Sean and a foster aunt Lori at this house! I am SO lucky. We all went for a walk right away. Then we got home and us girls had movie time. I was soooo sleepy but I refused to lie down on the bed – even though it was new and so inviting! I just wasn’t ready yet, so I just stood up and fell asleep until Sandy put me in the crate for a proper snoozer. After the movie she took me for a really long walk!
We got home and all went in the back yard – it’s really nice and I just exploded with joy! We played ball and I wore myself out. Step foster mom Sandy and aunt Lori were laughing at me because I was so cute! I was showing off a little because I am REALLY fast. Good thing they had the long line on me while I was out there. Sometimes I have to fight my instincts to just keep running.
At night, I slept in the coziest, warm corner in my crate and they even put some music on for me. I don’t think I woke up even once the whole night. In fact, I could have slept in but mommy Sandy woke me up at 5 am!!! We went for a 3-mile walk. The walk was a little scary because it was dark and very windy today. I kept hearing things and looking behind me to make sure everything was ok.
When I got home everyone else was up. I saw Aunt Lori, but she looks frightening in the morning so I ran away. Soon we became friends again. In fact, I am home with her today. We took two walks and she had to pull a poop off my butt-it was stuck there and I kept trying to sit on it. Then we got back and there were some big workmen there with lots of loud tools. I was very curious, but I hesitated to fully investigate. One of the men gave me some yummy cheese. I am not ready to hang out with him or anything, but I think that meeting new people is getting easier for me.
Next we all lounged outside. Thelma was on the grass rolling around and Otis was soaking up the sun. I sat on the deck with Aunt Lori and finally noticed the birds at the feeder. I sat right next to her and asked her to pet me. I let her rub my head and my back and even my belly! She is teaching me that not all humans are bad. I am starting to believe her. I am teaching her that not all foster dogs are bad either. One time, a foster named Johnny tried to bite her. She is starting to believe me too.
Pretty soon mom and dad will be home from work and I get to walk more and play more. Later this week, I heard that ANOTHER aunt is coming to play with me because my step-foster parents are also going on vacation. I heard that she makes delicious cookies and might even take me to the beach. I have never seen the ocean!!
With all this activity, I will be ready for a permanent home sooner than anyone thought! They will have to be a nice and patient as all my foster peeps, and I love having other doggies around. I am learning the word off, but am proud to say I have a mind of my own.
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment