Sunday, April 26, 2009

My Last Blog Entry

Hi everyone:

This is going to be my last entry in my blog. I was adopted today and I now have many things to do which will keep me occupied. I am writing this from my new home in Philadelphia. (You didn’t know dogs could use laptops, did you?) Anyway, it has been a very busy day. I noticed that last night, Eleanor was packing a bag and madly writing notes on various pieces of paper. This morning, Soleil, Price and I headed off in the car. I love the car and I was excited to be going on a trip! We arrived at Assunpink, a place I have been to one time before. Soleil had some sort of competition to run in.

Soon, another car drives up and two people get out. Eleanor shakes their hands and, then this guy, Bob, is walking me around on leash. And then I meet their GSP. He is big! But I liked him, because he kept his distance. So many dogs are pushy and forward, which I don’t really like. But I was nervous and I thought maybe it would be safer back in Eleanor’s car. But the nice men gave me water. I watched Cooper chase a Frisbee and then I was in the back of something called an SUV, in a nice comfy crate.

Now I am in my new home. And, surprise, there are two dogs in addition to Cooper and also three of those fuzzy things called cats, which I find basically dull. I am nervous, but deep down inside I know that I am going to like it here. These guys treat a lady right: food in my crate, a dog door, playtime in a park and a lovely yard. Will Bob mind if I eat his flowers? J

Good bye and thank you to all my friends in new Jersey. I am sure I will see you from time to time. But for now, I have to focus on settling into my new permanent life.

Note from Eleanor: Thanks to everyone for helping make Kelly’s long journey from neglected puppy mill dog to treasured house pet, a reality. She is a special girl and she has been adopted by special people. Good girl, Kelly. Thanks, Sandy, for co-fostering, and thanks Bob and Seamus for making her part of your lives.

Much love from Kelly and Eleanor

No comments:

Post a Comment