Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Update, 4/12/09 - What a weekend!

I got to visit the Jersey shore for the holiday weekend. Both Otis and Thelma’s grandparents have houses there – they are lucky! For the first two nights I stayed with aunt Lori and her mom. There was nice fenced in yard with lots of stones and a lagoon with ducks. All those stones sure are different from the grass and they definitely do not taste as good.

Thelma and Otis were not with me and I was ok. I did good alone. I sure do like their company, but aunt Lori kept me busy. Our first walk was to a bay beach and I ran right into the water. I wasn’t scared a bit. This was a fun spot that we walked to a lot during our time together. Aunt Lori was fun and set some of her own rules in grandma’s house – here I could go on the bed – well just one time, but this never happened before. Aunt Lori found out I’m one cozy girl. I just snuggled right up against her and snoozed away. Vacation time is great. Even though it was a new house, when aunt Lori and grandma Pat went to Otis and Thelma’s, I was fine to stay home alone in my crate. This was a different crate, so I protested a bit at first, but after that went on in without trouble. I’m learning that a crate is a safe place and I hardly ever complain about it.

I was very comfortable with aunt Lori in this new place. Since I knew her from before, I stuck to her like glue. They say in my new home, my family should split up my responsibilities so I don’t get too attached to just one person. I should learn to share my love!

On Easter I got to visit where Thelma and Otis stay. It was fun to be with them again and we got to go to the beach! WOW there is so much sand and water. I just ran right to the surf, I liked to walk on the jettys and even pick up shells. It was so warm and sunny today, I couldn’t imagine a better place to be.

Then we came back to Otis and Thelma’s other house – it’s good to be back to a familiar place. I’m exhausted. Here it’s a bit stricter – no bed or couch for me. I forgot, but my foster mom and dad are quick to remind me. There are lots of comfy beds on the floor so I don’t mind that much.

I had a hearty dinner and tonight we are all going to bed early – good thing since my foster mom Sandy will have me up for a walk bright and early!

In two days, I’m going back to my first foster mom and all her dogs for another visit. It’s been really fun here and they say if I don’t get my own place soon, I’ll get to come back and visit and maybe even go to the beach again. I’m having the time of my life, but I’m ready to find my own family and get into a routine with them. It’s time to start to real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment